Penobscot Riverkeeper Goals
- Help students gain an understanding of the complex linkage between people and water quality.
- Show students how their actions affect the environment and what they can do to make change happen.
- Teach students how to observe and interpret the physical world as a process of decision making.
- Devise new strategies to encourage students as stewards of the river
- Work with teachers to make curricula more effective.
- Collaborate with state agencies, local communities, industry, salmon clubs, and civic organizations to provide expertise on a variety of water-related topics.